What will you be remembered for?

When I look at my Currier & Ives dishes I think of my grandmother that passed away nearly 40 years ago.  She had these same dishes

When I think about my grandchildren being tall, I see my 6'2" father, who passed away 10 years ago.

When I tell a cancer patient that we don't want them to be nauseated, I think of a friend that died of cancer 35 years ago. Back then, chemotherapy meant nausea and vomiting period.

When I hear of a young person killed in a car accident, I think of my uncle that suffered this fate at only 16 years of age.  This one event may have changed the direction of my entire family.

I have a Princess Diana doll that still makes me sad.

Will you be remembered for your money, dishes, hobby, job, a building named after you, the manner that you died?

I watched a DVD this evening at a funeral home. The great lady always had a baby in her arms, children at her elbow,   her husband in her eyes, and a sweet smile on her face.  Wouldn't we all like to be remembered this way?

 just thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment