Colorado x4
Our first trip to Colorado this summer was actually in May.  Before the official beginning of summer.  We took Ebony, Isis and Sophia to be bred. This pic is the view Ebony got to look at all summer.  The tallest peak is Pikes Peak.  Ebony would walk along the fence between her and the breeding boys, with a "See look at me" attitude!  But when her boyfriend came into her paddock she screamed and ran in the other direction!  Eventually she settled and she is now pregnant!!

Then we took Isis and Sophia to meet their boyfriends.  I don't have pics of their summer digs but it was beautiful also.  Sophia got pregnant immediately (she knows the ropes),  Isis was a little more iffy, the sonogram (yes, we do sonos on alpacas) showed twins, which is not a good thing.  Alpacas only have one  at a time. They will abort twins 8 or 9  months into the pregnancy.  So if you have spent a nominal amount of money on the breeding you don't want a miscarriage half way through.   So Isis is still at the breeders to get a viable pregnancy.

During this trip I thought about showing my grandchildren beautiful Colorado.  None of them had seen Colorado and I felt I needed to fix that.

Trip #2 is camping with my daughter
Trip #3 is luxury in a hotel
Trip #4 is picking up pregnant alpacas.
Stay tuned for these retrospective trips!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment