Thoughts on Wednesday...

Life on the farm ... (didn't John Denver have a song that started out like that?) is a never ending list of things to do. Shots for dog, shots for cat, shots for alpacas, clean this, fix that, mow this, plow that. I wonder if a day will come when I can honestly say everything is done?!

My chickens gifted me with 5 eggs yesterday. I used to love it when my chickens would squat down and sit real still when I reached down to pet them. Then someone told me that the hen thinks I am going to breed her, WHAT?!!! I thought they just like my attention!

We are working daily with the youthful alpacas trying to get them halter comfortable. Just when I think they are O.K. to take a few steps with the halter on, they bolt on all fours straight up in the air! Reminds me of the wild mustangs on TV. Yesterday we haltered one of the mom's, thinking the youthful alpaca would follow mom on the halter... WHAT WAS I THINKING? Teenagers follow their parents? How many different directions can one p. o'd. youthful alpaca go?

If music is the balm of my existence, then snakes are the bane. I have dreamed away many moments of thought about one or the other. I fear walking through tall grass. I have a walking path I keep mowed around the back pasture. I dream about snakes, and I truly freak out when one invades my reality. I have a "no tolerance policy" regarding snakes. We had a redwood box on our back patio where I kept the hot tub chemicals. I opened the box one day and all I could see were black scales. I sat down about 20 feet away. Insanely calm, I called the hubster to come remove this serpent from my reality. Being the white knight, great white hunter, trapper extraordinaire, and my kindred snake hater, he immediately came home from work and dumped the box of chemicals out in the field and found TWO snakes in the box! Hate it when they appear out of nowhere like in the chicken coop, on top of a sign on my front porch or slithering across my patio. Love it when they appear right in front of my lawn mower! YEE HAW!

I love listening to the music produced by my wind chimes. Every day I have a song going through my head. Sometimes it is something I heard on TV or the radio. Sometimes just a thought racing through my jumbled brain will trigger the song. My favorite repeating songs are "Somewhere over the rainbow, their coming to take me away, it's only Monday Mr. MOM". Sometimes nursery rhymes, poems or just sayings I put to music. Like: "If I had known it was this much fun, I would've done ya sooner", to the tune of any song I want! OH! and my all time favorite repeating song is "Run boys run, Don't be slow, Fire on the mountain, Fire in the hole". Only SDC fans will recognize that one. Anyway...music is my smoother, relaxer, softener, extinguisher. But the chimes are the best. ...farm living is the life for me. Sanetha

No comments:

Post a Comment