June 26, 2009

When I first heard of Michael Jackson's death last night I ran out to tell the alpacas. They "pretended" not to know who I was talking about!

I planted my garden late. We've already harvested the radishes. The variety was terribly HOT! I'll try another variety. The corn looks good and healthy but not tall. Tomatoes are the same. I changed the feed for the chickens. They had been presenting us 6-8/day, I only got one last night. A couple chickens are sitting on unfertilized eggs. I didn't want to hassle with a rooster last year so we only got hens. Don't have the frequent crowing or fertilized eggs to be given away. I gather each evening so there would never be a developed egg.


We sheared alpacas in May. We have two trash bags of fleece per animal. 22 bags of fleece in our spare room. Some will be sent back east to buy alpaca products. Now I need to decide amount and color to send to the mill. I would like to try my hand at making a vest or a purse or both out of alpaca felt. I have an alpaca cookie cutter to needle felt an alpaca on to the felt.


It is around 100 degrees here in Kansas. The alpacas have a carport to park under when it is this hot, for shade. But then they lay out on the ground in the sun?! I know they are really intelligent animals but...?

No comments:

Post a Comment