HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Thankfully, I am thankful.
I have talked to people that have become estranged or alienated from the ones they love. Thankfully, my mother, our son and daughter and their children were at our Thanksgiving table.
I feel the pain of families coping with cancer. Thankfully, we are not.
I see the homeless on television struggling to stay warm in a cardboard box. Thankfully, all of my family has a home and a warm bed to sleep in.
Many people had to get their meal from someone else's kitchen because they couldn't afford the luxury of such a big meal. Thankfully, I am able to prepare our feast in my own kitchen.
Many areas of the country are blanketed with snow, or dripping with rain. Thankfully, we had a beautiful sunny day.
Nurses in hospitals around the country are working on Thanksgiving day. Thankfully, I have the day off.
Thankfully we live in a country where we can choose our job, religion, political affiliation, how many children we want, and our leader. Please think of the military families that sacrifice so we can continue to be thankful. ...farm living is the life for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment