Just a few random thoughts on a Saturday night.

I am sitting up tonight trying to drag the contents of a really cool brochure for our alpaca farm, out of my brain. Here's a few:

-Polly wanna 'Paca? (Truly dumb)
-LOOKHEREATTHIS2007MODELLOWMILEAGEONEOWNER!
-Happiness is owning an Alpaca. (Happiness is really SELLING an alpaca!)
-We have some HUMMM-dinger nice alpacas!
Yeah, I know! I know! I should just stick to listening to them.

The alpacas had visitors this morning! After we haltered them (the alpacas, not the visitors)they stood in a little group discussing amongst themselves. "Are we going somewhere? Who's going? Why are we going? How will we be going?" Then Amanda with her pretty white coat walked up to me and said "YOU SOLD US! DIDN'T YOU?"

The visitors walked around the paddock with some of the 'pacas. They got to feel their soft fleece. Joy actually lived up to her name and let a seven-year old walk her around the paddock! It is getting a little cold here in Kansas. We got chilled and came in the house. We showed our visitors all the lovely things that can be made from alpaca fleece. We looked at alpaca socks, scarves, hats, gloves. Talked about care, feeding, shearing and the few needs that alpacas have. It was a good visit. We met a new friend.

Our chickens have taken a few weeks off. I got them the fancy scratch grains that they like, but they still aren't laying. They say "it is too beautiful of a day to stay inside sitting on a nest!" I say it's a beautiful day for fried chicken. We'll see if the pep talk helps.


Yesterday I finally finished the book WICKED. It was full of difficult to read names, symbolism, odd ball words I had never heard. I saw the musical. I watched "The Wizard of Oz". I am thoroughly enlightened on the plight of the Wicked Witch of the West. It's time for a nice light Harlequin Romance.


Now about that brochure??? ...farm living is the life for me. Sanetha.

No comments:

Post a Comment