An alpaca's(?) lesson

They call me Missy. My mom is Sophia. I was born in May (whatever that is).  I am an alpaca. My dad's  name  is Steiner.

I spend my days munching grass .My friend Freckles and I play and pretend we are mama's taking care of our babies. But today was different.

These other things that don't look like me or my mom came into our home. They gave me a bowl of stuff to eat that I really liked. These other things walked on their back legs and made noises that sound funny.  They reach out to touch my back which made me uncomfortable and I jumped away from them.  But they are nice and kind.


These other things that don't look like us shut my family into our little room we stay in at night. They separated Freckles and I from our moms which was distressing.  We kept humming for our mom's to come, but these other things that don't look like us wouldn't let us out. They put something in my mouth that tasted sweet. I pretended I didn't like it, but it was kind of good. Then I felt something sting in my neck. They held me really close and I could smell everything about them. They told me this was medicine and would keep me from getting sick. When the sting was over they let me go.

These things that don't look like us fastened a cage on my face. It had a long rope they held in their upper foot. When they pulled on the rope my head moved.  At first I was scared but I looked at  that thing holding the other end of the rope and it was smiling. So I followed her. She seemed glad. Soon she said something soft and looked me in the eye and took the cage off.  It wasn't so bad.  My mom was very proud of me.   

 Now it is time to play.  I'm glad I have my nice fleecey coat to keep me warm. Love to all the things out there that don't look like me. I should remember that.  To love things even though they don't look like me!

...farm living is the life for me, 

No comments:

Post a Comment