Christmas and New Year's are over.

When I was growing up my grandparents were old.  They didn't keep toys at their house. One set of grandparents had 26 grandchildlren!  The other set couldn't mess up their house with a bunch of toys!  So I have always tried to make my house a fun place for my grands! We've done craft projects, scavenger hunts, fireworks, birthday parties, made cookies and I have a slot machine that everyone puts tokens in when they come. And oh the HOLIDAYS!!!

I love having everyone here on Christmas Eve.  Usually it is just an unwrapping frenzy and then everyone goes home with their treasures.  This year I wanted to draw it out a little longer so we played a little game.  Left, Right,Center.  We provided everyone with $3. We went around the room and everyone rolled the dice. If they rolled a 1 or 6 they put a dollar in the center.  If they rolled a 2 or 4 they gave a dollar to the person on their right.  If they rolled a 3 or 5 they gave a dollar to the person on their left.  Whoever had money left at the end got the center. Oh those naysayers who didn't think this would work out, get the wet noodle!!!  The winner was G.G.!  It was fun.  Then the paper frenzy started!  May make this a tradition!!!

Then on New Year's Eve almost all the grands came to our house. We watched wrestling for awhile which I can really do without, but the kids enjoyed it. Littlest princess was doing her commentary  " ...ouch! ...eeeeeew! ...poor man!"  We played Guesstures and Black Jack (some of them learned it now from us).  We blew horns and toasted the New Year with sparkling white grape juice  Outside on the patio we threw those little popits that snap when they land on the concrete. The prizes for the games were big  chocolate bars.  So  everyone was on a big sugar high at 1:00 in the morning!  But I loved having my grands have a grand time at their grand-ma's house!

No comments:

Post a Comment