I am the type of person that must make every mistake in the book.  Every possible mistake that can be made.  If there is a mistake to be made, I will do it.  But only once!!  

I once wore all my birthstone opal jewelry at one time, I fell and tore a ligament in my knee. Nobody told me it was bad luck to wear all my opals at the same time!!

I painted kitchen cabinets without any preparation to the wood underneath. Just slapped that paint right on to the grease, grime, varnish, whatever.

I got pregnant. (way too young)

I got an injection into my heel.

I bought a cockatiel. (No not a cocktail).

I've a few lapses in my memory due to Mr. Adolph Coors. (was it 4th or 5th grade?)
I stole 89 cents worth of fingernail polish when I was about 14 years old.

Some things you just know are such mistakes you will never do them again.

Subjecting myself to humble humiliation. I have presented my alpacas to a judge, umpteen times now.  Every time, I get diarrhea, my hands sweat, and whichever animal I have on the lead,  knows this!  I still have judges thinking, oh yeah, here's another newby.  But I've been doing it four years and I can't get comfortable with it.  So I have decided that showing animals is just a mistake, and I need to learn from my mistake.  

The last time I will ever show an animal was this past weekend. I showed our rather BIG BONED  bay black female "Ebony".  I delicately brought her out to the center of the ring. I'm saying to myself, "Look at the gorgous animal I have raised from a cria.  I have nourished her in rain, snow, hangover". The judge came toward us.   Ebony stood on her back legs and jumped and spun like a bull at a rodeo.  I swear! Surely this is not the same animal that munches hay quietly in the shed, that we sometimes forget is even there!   Did I bring the wrong animal? I remember mumbling to the judge that she doesn't usually act like this. When I was finally able to get a little control of my animal, the judge told me she was OVER CONDITIONED!  A nice way of saying Ebony was F...A...T...!   And then I had to smile and say THANK YOU, because of course I am appreciative of all this humiliation.  Then she gave her a SECOND!  OHHNOO!!  A judge doesn't have to give a blue ribbon when there is no competition.  WHO KNEW THAT!!!  Hubster graciously showed the rest of the animals. My diarrhea wouldn't let me show again. I know when I've made a mistake and I'll never do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment