I watched the Royal Wedding! The whole bloody/buggering thing.

I woke up this morning at 3:50 am. I had forgotten there was such a time. By the time I turned on the TV and bundled up in a quilt I was wide awake. 

My critique and thoughts.

The prime minister of England with his slightly over-the-top wife blew in.

The Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice walked in the Abby.  They reeked of their mother.

William and Harry were so handsome in their uniforms.  William was so cute as a teenager.  Now he is starting to look more like his father than his mother.  Harry just seemed to be having fun!

Charles and Camilla (the frump) arrived. yawn.

Oh beautiful Catherine...with a smile.  She seemed like any other bride whether this side of the Atlantic or their side. She seemed glowing and giddy.  She might have been marrying the 7-11 night manager or the Prince of Wales.  She seemed excited to be marrying a man she loved. 

I bundled in my quilt and drank more coffee during the ceremony.  Still drinking coffee while they retired to the back room to sign papers (like they could get out of it now?)  When William and Catherine presented outside the Abby in their full regalia, tradition, ceremony, royalty, I got tearful. Yes my blogsphere friends I cried. But not for the spectacle of the event, the boy marries girl, or the blueness of it all.  I cried for the woman who met her end so commonly and didn't get to see her "Wills" marry.  A woman that just wanted the world to be a more gentle place.

I still miss Diana.

...farm living is the life for me.  Duchess of Nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment