WOOPS!

Went home for lunch yesterday. As I drove down my drive and looked toward the alpaca's paddock, I saw our latest two alpaca "teenagers" comfortably mating in the field. Unfortunately they are cousins and we can't have this! I stopped my car and jumped out to break this up, (WOOPS! jumped back in the car, put it in park and turned off the motor, again jumped out to break this up). They ran for the far side of the paddock. Where our female again assumed the position. I ran for them and they ran for the shed. (I'm sure they thought they would be safe from this intrusion if they were inside. I think I heard some version of the 60's song "I think we're alone now".) I grabbed the halter and tried to finesse, cajole, sweet talk the boy to within my grasp. Got Him! (WOOPS, again! That was the girl, They look alot alike from above.) Snuck up on him, just as my (work) shoes slid through the mud and muck, and got him! Haltered him, and took him over to fend for himself with the big boys. Big boys don't tolerate teenagers well. But at least there won't be any more "WOOPS"! I really am so dumb about all this. ...farm living is the life for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment