A collection of lace and memories



If you can't read this it says "I'm a Raggedy Ann person in a Barbie Doll world". That pretty much explains me. I am a collector. Especially dolls. My husband buys me dolls for Christmas. Each is special on her own. Each has her/his own story. If I see a doll that looks lonely, I buy her. A doll I had when I was little, I buy her. A doll that is just plain beautiful, I buy her. I'm just a sucker for dolls. I name them if they don't come with an obvious name. I remember all their names.

*************************************************************************************

This is baby Chatty Cathy. My sis had one of these with dark hair. She brings back such special memories with my sis.


*************************************************************************************

This is Charmin' Chatty. She had records that slipped into her side that had cute sayings. If you see any of these little records I would love to have one. She also had black round glasses which are missing. But I just love her.

************************************************************************************

This is Oliver. I thought he looked like the "Artful Dodger". Hubster thought I would like a boy doll.

*************************************************************************************

I named her Cynthia. I just thought it was a beautiful name for a beautiful doll with pretty curls.
*************************************************************************************

This is Princess Di. Of course. Her namesake was such a beauty. The world is less glamorous because Diana is not here.
*************************************************************************************

This is Pollyanna. Haley Mills starred in the movie. As a child I liked crystals that shined rainbows on the wall. I liked The fishing booth at Fun Night. You know, you put your "fishing pole" over a barrier and someone in the back put something on the other end.


My antique baby. I found her at an antique mall under some antique quilts. My granddaughter loves to walk around with her. My daughter is afraid she might break her. But dolls were meant to be loved by little girls and I love that maybe my granddaughter, like her mama and grandmother will love dolls.

I collect many things so in this area I will show you my collections. Please be patient with this collector/hoarder/accumulater/stuff lover.

...farm living is the life for me. Sanetha.

1 comment:

  1. I gave my doll collection to my granddaughter when we bought the campground. Not enough space, and like you said, dolls were made to be loved by little girls.

    ReplyDelete