The stars lined up!!!

Oh how sometimes the stars line up in my favor and I have a wonderful experience.

Wichita has recently become a green pasture for excellent performers. After years of entertainers saying "Where's Wichita Kansas?", we've had a flow of great entertainment to our city. I've been fortunate to be a part of it. But let me explain to you how the stars lined up.

I took my daughter to see Alan Jackson last March. I took hubster to see Jeff Foxworthy in October. My daughter and I saw "Wicked" in November. Sis, Mom, Daughter, and I saw Martina McBride & Trace Adkins in December. Hubster and I saw Brad Paisley in January, I bought tickets to see Billy Joel & Elton John in March. We have been so tied to our animals we haven't taken a vacation or gone anywhere! So my excitement was looking forward to these performances. But... according to hubster I had kind of shot my wad in concerts and I probably should cool it for awhile and let the heat come off the VISA card. So when George Strait & Reba McEntire tickets went on sale I didn't jump on the bandwagon and the tickets "sold out" the same day! Well that's that. Okay. Life goes on.

As the day of the concert got closer I was a little bummed. I really like Reba, and here she will be in Wichita and I won't see her! (I have only recently come to appreciate George Strait, but mom has been a fan since dirt started) Our "Relay for Life" team had two tickets to sell for a fund raiser. Wow! Maybe I could actually see Reba! Hubster would have to work that evening. So I called my mother to see if she would want to split the price. (No added heat to the VISA card) So I put in my bid of $320. I lost out by $25! I called mom and felt bad at how disappointed she was. I even called a radio station and tried to WIN tickets. The day of the concert I got home from work about 5:30 I got on the internet to just look on the ticket site to see the big "Sold Out" banner and it wasn't there. There was a big BUY TICKETS button! What they hey! I'll try. (Only $200!) The concert started at 7:00 and I was printing off the tickets on my computer at 5:50 and calling Mom to get her jeans on, we were going to see George Strait & Reba!!! We didn't know where we were going to park or where our seats were but we were as excited as two teen-agers at a Taylor Swift concert!

We had to park a couple blocks away, but we were so pumped we hardly noticed how far we walked! When we got to the door and presented our tickets I had a flash of them not letting us in because these were BOGUS tickets, but they took our tickets with a smile, checked our purses and welcomed us right in. I didn't mention they probably shouldn't touch the tickets because the ink wasn't dry. Our tickets were 30ft. from the stage and 7 rows up! Nearly perfect! Both performers were awesome, (yeah I know that is an overused word these days). Mom was screaming right along with everybody else. She "whispered" over to me once - "I'M NOT EMBARASSING YOU AM I?" She could never embarass me. We had a great time. What a special experience for this mother-daughter duo!!

Oh how sometimes the stars line up in my favor.

...farm living is the life for me! Sanetha.

1 comment:

  1. The stars were lined up perfectly! What a wonderful show and wonderful evening with my daughter. Glad I didn't embarass you. My throat is a little sore this morning tho.
    Luv you,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete