July 12

July 12
3rd day of VACAY!!!
Left the really neat little town of Moab, Utah. Drove along the San Rafael Reef.  No services along the 110 miles.   Fortunately there is "restrooms" every once in a while at viewing areas along the way.  
I70 goes right through this reef.  History reports that this canyon through the reef was only as wide as an arm span when they started excavating for I-70 to go through.    
 
Didn't know that anyone over 65yrs. can get a Senior Pass to all the National Parks for 10 dollars and get in free to all the national parks!!  Who knew!! Not me. 
 
 Ate lunch at CARL Jr's.  Wasn't as good as I remembered.
Arrived at Bryce canyon kind of late. Funniest part was some women came up behind me while I was looking through the binoculars.  I realized they were speaking another language and 2 were on one side of me and 2 were on the other side and they were taking a picture and I said "Hey let me get out of your way". "No" they said.  "We all have on pink shirts".  I laughed too!  Beautiful area.  But...I got an attitude, seen one HooDoo seen them all. 
 
First time we have been turned down for rooms.  If I had been looking at the "NO VACANCY" sign, I wouldn't have wasted my time.  Found our room at Tropic, Utah.  If it sounds like a little rainforest, it is not!  Nice room at Bryce Canyon Inn.  Good dinner last night at Rusty's Restaurant.  Cool room to lay our heads.  Most Important!!
 






No comments:

Post a Comment