July 19, 2016

 July 19, 2016
Giant Sequoia National Park
This park is named for the giant trees that thrive here.
  I loved this park.  Not just the trees but the beautiful scenery.  


Ignore the tourists.  They were everywhere. 
Me? No I been here before.  I know where I am going!  LOL!!

 

 
By mass the largest tree in the world.
 
 
Top of the General Sherman.

 Beautiful forest of Sequoias.
 

Scenery in Giant Sequoia national park.

 
Perspective picture. Compare the motorhome in the distance with the tree.
 
 Both sides of this tree is the root ball of a fallen Sequoia.

 
 Not that big. I can hold one in my  hand!

Walkway thru the fallen Sequoia.



So driving out of Sequoia is not for wimps.  I didn't take any pictures because I was on the verge of a panic attack. (Never had one before, but now I know what being on the verge of one feels like). Husband is a wonderful driver, but the only thing between you and the 200 ft. drop off is a white stripe on the pavement.  If someone in the other direction was distracted for a moment and didn't make the turn they could bump you off the road!!   Switchbacks, narrow roads, blind turns!  AACK!  I was glad to reach the bottom of this road. 
Now we are turning the car East for Kansas!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment