July 15, 2016 26th anniversary!

July 15,2016 - 6th day of vacation
Today is our 26th Wedding Anniversary.  We left Marina del Rey (regretfully).  It was such a pretty spot.  We are driving Highway 1 up the Pacific coast.  I was pretty tense in the passenger seat up this road.  Man oh man it has blind curves, steep drop offs, narrow roads.  All the things that make for an adventure!  My husband did a wonderful job of getting us through safely!  We are alive and not laying in a heap of metal at the bottom of a cliff!  WOOHOO!
 
My husband and I are good traveling companions.  We joke around.  Watch license plates. I love him for the loving partner he has always been.  If we get off our route he doesn't get upset. He knows I have never been here before either so we are both kind of going in the direction that seems right.  Kind of like our marriage.
 
We traveled thru Malibu.   The homes "backdoor" that faces the highway are pretty nondescript.  Some even look rundown.  My theory is the more rundown that entry looks,  the better the home is inside.  Kind of reverse psychology security.  Stopped at a roadside area and watched Sea Lions on the beach.  We stopped when  I saw a whale's water spout out in the water.  We were able look at it through binoculars.  The tale fin would emerge from the water and show the shape.  Might have been 3-4 together.   A "pod"?

 Started getting kind of late and we didn't have a room for the night (of course).  We slowed down at several mom and pop motels along the way to get a glimpse of their "No vacancy" sign. One we stopped at was in such a beautiful spot on a cliff.  I might have gone over and chucked the occupants out but by the time I had stood in line for restroom behind 8 people (1 stall) I had lost the will.

Most of the day has been in and out of fog. Noticed screen on truck said 59 degrees.  We pull into Carmel and see...a HOTEL!!!  Hotels have rooms!!  Not only did it have rooms it had a RESTAURANT,  ADULT BEVERAGES!  The fog parted and angels sang!!!

Tomorrow on to Winchester Mystery House.  My bucket list item.

Marina del Rey
 
Caught this thing at least 3 times!  I don't learn from mistakes.


City limits Malibu, California


Non- descript entry ways in Malibu.
 
Malibu

Malibu

And yes again--Malibu

 
 
Our screen showing 58 degrees.

Sea Lions

No comments:

Post a Comment